I write about movies here and maybe sometimes some other stuff but mostly just movies. If you are looking for the old Cineblog postings because you are compiling a book or whatever, you can find them here.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Cat People (1942, Jacques Tourneur)

For a while I was taping movies off TCM like mad and I found that pile of tapes recently while unpacking. This came off one of them, I am going to start moving through them when I have spare time. There's like 30 or 40 movies there. This Classic horror film from beloved auteur Tourneur took a little while to get going and seems a little trite from a modern view, but its influence on what followed is undeniable and there is some gorgeous b&w cinematography. The Leopard Man is also on this tape so I'll have to get to that next.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kza said...

Hey HEY hey. Take a look at the Kim Newman book yet?

3:27 PM

 
Blogger Greg Dunlap said...

I got through a few pages but I haven't really sat down with it. Did you see Simone Simon just died? That is sad.

4:17 PM

 
Blogger Kza said...

No! I did not. That sucks.

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home